09 10

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes

Oh yes I did.

I love Alfredo sauce, and I love scalloped potatoes, and when I realized that the thing that makes scalloped potatoes so yummy is the flour, milk, and butter that goes in them, I thought I'd just add a few more things to make them extra yummy.  So I created an Alfredo type sauce for them.

I was pleased with the results of my experience and it's very tasty, but a little on the fatty side.  I never claimed my recipes were going to be low fat.

Recipe by Fluudbloggler



Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes

3 or 4 white potatoes
2 tbsp butter + extra for lining the baking pan
2 cups milk or half and half cream
1/3 cup white flour
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp instant chicken stock powder (or veggie stock if you prefer)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp more Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees, and butter the bottom and sides of a baking dish.

In a medium sauce pan add butter, cream and flour.  Whisk well to remove any lumps. Add the garlic and stock powder.  Heat until boiling and thickened.  Remove from heat and add the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and stir until melted. 



Thinly slice potatoes.  I use a mandolin, but if you are good at slicing thinly yourselves with a knife, just use the knife.  

Layer potatoes on bottom of baking dish. After first layer, sprinkle with salt and pepper.  



Add a second layer of potatoes and sprinkle again with salt and pepper.  All to your own taste.  Pour half of Alfredo sauce over potatoes to completely cover.  Repeat layering technique and add remaining sauce.  Just for fun and for looks I added the 2 tbsp Parm. at the end.





Bake in 400 deg oven for 60 minutes.  

Note:  If your potatoes are sliced really thin, then reduce cooking time to 50 minutes, if potatoes are thick, you will have to cook longer to maybe 70 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment